Welcome to the first of our four-part Olympic video interview series. We'll be covering each Australian rhythmic gymnastics Olympian between 2000-2016. To kick us off we're starting with the amazing Danielle Prince.
From humble beginnings to Rhythmic Gymnastics Queen
Danielle Prince is the Australian rhythmic gymnastics Queen, having participated in:
- (A whopping!) 7 World Championships
- 3 Commonwealth Games
- An Olympic Games
The 5-time National Champion competed at the most recent 2016 Rio Olympics, and returned for another run at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
For many, Danni is the glittering gold statue of every rhythmic gymnast’s dreams; an Olympian, a champion. Her work ethic and commitment to the pursuit of her dreams has been unparalleled and as a competitor she was revered.
However, it wasn’t all smooth sailing.
As you will hear from Danni's own experience, even the most dominant athletes still have their moments of self-doubt and setbacks.
It’s Danni's approach to how she dealt with these pressures and continued to charge towards her goals that truly set her apart from competitors.
Danni tells us her Rhythmic Gymnastics story, from humble beginnings to dazzling podium finishes, and what she’s learnt along the way.
What you will learn from this interview
This is a must-watch for anyone working towards their own goals in Rhythmic Gymnastics. We cover:
- How Danni started out in Rhythmic Gymnastics (spoiler alert: it certainly wasn't at the top - she came 25th of 26th at her first competition!)
- Danni's approach to training. Including her favourite motivational quote & book
- A behind-the-scenes look at her Olympic Games experience
- Danni's advice for anyone else who dreams of achieving their own sparkling moments in Rhythmic Gymnastics
If you live the Rhythmic Life subscribe below to never miss a post