Welcome to the final instalment of our Rhythmic Gymnastics Olympic video series. This interview features 2000 Sydney Olympian Danielle Le Ray.
Dani, is still, to this day, Australia's highest ranked rhythmic gymnastics Olympian.
An Olympic Dream with Goals to Match
No amount of broken arms, set-backs or metaphoric mountains to climb could stop Dani from realising the Olympic dreams she first uttered at just 9-years-old.
So how did the far-out dreams of a young girl become reality, if the road as we know it, is filled with bumps, turns, corners and hills?
With over 30 years in the sport and as the coach of one of only two Australian Commonwealth Games champions in history, Dani drops a whole lot of knowledge in this video for aspiring gymnasts and their parents.
In this interview, you'll learn:
- How Dani started gymnastics and when the Olympics became the goal
- What's the one thing that all 5 Olympians have in common?
- What makes a champion in Dani's eyes?
- How to overcome adversity (ahem...Covid-19!) and maintain motivation
- A parent's role in the world of RG
- How to achieve your own success in the sport
If you live the Rhythmic Life subscribe below to never miss a post